On Fri, Dec 29, 2000 at 09:29:51PM +0200, Stanislav Malyshev a.k.a Frodo wrote:
> AS>> Have you actually READ the GPL? It does not define "derived work"
> AS>> anywhere, leaving that to copyright law. RMS has said as much, too.
>
> For GPL, RMS is the copyright law. Since if RMS thinks it's violating GPL,
> you probably will very soon forced to GPL it or pull it, if only you don't
> want to get a load of bad publicity and a costy lawsuit.

Is your problem here the GPL's dry words? Or the FSF's interpretation
of it? Or the fact that the FSF eforces the GPL? Every license has its
terms, and its interpretation by those who apply the license, and is
often enforced. I doubt very much that if the FSF's interpretation
were legally unreasonable it would have still been protected after 26
years.

        - Adi Stav