On Sun, 28 Jan 2001, mulix wrote:

> Hi Lior,
>
> attached to this email is an updated version of the ADSL howto, covering
> what we know about the problem you ran into. In short, there are several
> kinds of orckit ADSL modems, one of whom works with Linux in the default
> configuration (pptp with the trivial patch) and one of whom requires a
> patched pptp and a patched pppd to (maybe) work.

Thanks mulix - this message was extremely helpful. I confirmed that I
indeed have the SECOND version of the Orckit modem , the one that doesn't
work with Linux. I will call bezeq and ask them to replace the modem(I
simply don't have enough time to try and patch the pppd software right
now...)

Thanks again,
Lior