On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, crisk wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, Lior David wrote:
>
> > Ok, I went out and patched the pppd software exactly according to crisk's
> > suggestions, and I even reordered the lcp options so that they will be
> > sent in the exact order win2000 sends them. Unfortunately, none of this
> > worked - same result, even though I compared the packet sent by Linux and
> > win2000 - they look almost identical. If anyone wants the patched ppp for
> > testing, please send me mail.
> > My current conclusion is, unless I made a mistake with the patch(it's
> > quite possible), that the problem is not with the ppp options. It might be
> > a bug in the IP stack of the orckit modem which causes it to ignore the
> > pptp packets sent by Linux...
>
> Please make the patched pppd and the Win2000 andmodified Linux captures
> available to us (me) for testing. If the first LCP packet is identical,
> and we know that the PPTP packets work fine, then the only thing I can
> think of right now is an error in the processing of the higher level GRE
> (IPPROTO 47) packets. I will confirm this given a decent sniff.

The patched ppp software was placed by mulix at his site (I think it's
http://www.pointer.co.il/~mulix) and can be downloaded from there. I will
try to get you captures from both win2000 and Linux sessions tonight for
testing. I didn't check that the packets are _completely_ identical -
there might be small differences with the IP header (or maybe the ethernet
framing - is it shown with any sniffer?), I will check it in more
detail...

Thanks,
Lior