It's not clear which part of the question is less likely.

If you install each and every new 2.4.x kernel, you will have:
A. It will be extremely unlikely that you will not have any failiures.
B. Your uptime will not go above ~month.

The 2.4.x series is not exactly the peek of stability, so far.

            Shachar

P.S.

Iglu's current uptime - 55 days. A few reboots are expected in the near
future to upgrade stuff, and make sure stuff goes up after a reboot.

            Sh.