On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Moshe Kaminsky wrote:

>   Matitiahu Allouche <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [27/09/02 13:29]:
> > The main problem in a Bidi word processor is not how to transform logical
> > to visual format.  As Tzafrir Cohen mentioned, there are a number of
> > libraries available for this purpose, which all generally produce the same
> > results, the exceptions being for rather off-beat cases.
> >
> > The main problem is with the *interface*, mainly what should Delete,
> > Backspace etc... perform, where the caret (or text cursor) should go after
> > given operations, how to handle selection, to name a few important issues.
> >
> Well, if you have the additional information that your character is a
> r2l character (even if it is a space or parentheses), this can help you
> decide what to do. I actually saw how both Backspace and selection work
> in QText, and it seems to work great.

Neither of them made sense to me. Furthermore, Qtext conforms to the
Win3.1 language switching convention, right-alt-shift always switches to Hebrew
while left-alt-shift always switches to English, while Win9x uses both
alt-shift simply as switch language, which means that the language shown
on the toolbar is not necessarily the language Qtext writes in.

--
Thanks,
Uri