On 10/8/2002 5:09 PM, Alex Shnitman wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to solve a problem we have with our DNS services. We have a
>primary DNS server here in the company, and Internet Zahav are
>secondaries for us. When I query either our server or one of the
>Internet Zahav servers about the MX record for our domain, they answer
>fine. When I query other name servers, it doesn't work -- either a
>timeout or SERVFAIL.
>
>You can try this yourself. The domain name is mangodsp.com. You can
>query 192.116.213.66 (our name server) or the Internet Zahav name
>servers and it works fine. If you query e.g. dns.netvision.net.il it
>doesn't work.

[sagi@domino admin]$ host -t mx mangodsp.com ns1.bezeqint.net
Using domain server:
Name: ns1.bezeqint.net
Address: 192.115.106.10#53
Aliases:

mangodsp.com mail is handled by 0 smtp.webcom.com.
[sagi@domino admin]$ host -t mx mangodsp.com pdns.goldenlines.co.il
Using domain server:
Name: pdns.goldenlines.co.il
Address: 212.117.129.3#53
Aliases:

mangodsp.com mail is handled by 0 smtp.webcom.com.
[sagi@domino admin]$ host -t mx mangodsp.com ns1.actcom.co.il
Using domain server:
Name: ns1.actcom.co.il
Address: 192.114.47.1#53
Aliases:

mangodsp.com mail is handled by 0 smtp.webcom.com.
[sagi@domino admin]$ host -t mx mangodsp.com dns.netvision.net.il
[sagi@domino admin]$ host -t mx mangodsp.com dns2.netvision.net.il
Using domain server:
Name: dns2.netvision.net.il
Address: 212.143.212.143#53
Aliases:

mangodsp.com mail is handled by 0 smtp.webcom.com.
[sagi@domino admin]$

4 out of 5. Only netvisionn's DNS can't see it, so it's probably a
problem with their DNS. Which other servers did you have problem with?

Sagi