On Mon, 14 Oct 2002, Guy Cohen wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 13, 2002 at 09:44:48PM +0200, Oron Peled wrote:
> > So they didn't "waste" a month or so fighting their keyboards.
> > But the poor guys still use their keyboards *for years* at a
> > fraction of the speed I regularly type.
>
> Thats a good example. I'm starting to learn auto mechanics tomorrow.
> It will take me a while to learn, but next time my car brakes, I won't
> have to spend all that money at the shop.

not quite the same kind of analogy. if someone never uses a computer, and
lets some typist do all the 'heavy' typing for them - then your analogy
has something to it. but there are those people who simply have to type
various documents from time to time, spend quite a while on that, and
don't figure they could either pay a typist to type for them, or learn how
to type faster.

i've seen some programmers with this typing slowness - you would agree
they'd want to learn how to type faster, right?

btw, i did see people who type with 2 fingers in high speed - 10 fingers
is not the only way to type fast. its all in the 'long' brain.

--
guy

"For world domination - press 1,