Quoting Robert Wallner, from the post of Sat, 19 Oct:
> I don't know if you ppl don't already know this, but the so called
> alcatel "modems" are in fact routers with some features disabled. I

no news, we had the "howto" published on the list a few months back. the
one thing you forgot to mention is that the "Pro" mode makes it much
more vulnerable to carcking from the outside, since it gets a real IP
all of a sudden.

another option (if you are rich) is to get an S-Box (www.s-box.com), or
if you are poor, a 4 port 10/100 hub and pptp router from linksys:
http://linksys.com/Products/product.asp?grid=23&prid=20
and other such neat router/packet filter/switch combos that are $45-$80
on Amazon and other places (search "DSL router"). some of them even have
IPSEC and can connect you to the Office CP FW-1 based VPN server.

in any case, Alcatel, is NOT a very good idea, security-wise.

--
Don Quixote and Abraham Lincoln rolled into one
Ira Abramov

http://ira.abramov.org/email/ This post is encrypted twice with ROT-13.
Documenting or attempting to crack this encryption is illegal.