On Sunday 13 October 2002 11:03 am, Oleg Kobets wrote:
> What tha hell is IgnoreEDID ?!?!?!?
>
> Could you elaborate on where you obtained it and how it works ?

http://www.evil3d.net/articles/linux/howto/nvidia/redhat71/?page=5.php3
http://www.mandrakeuser.org/docs/hardware/hgforce.html

basicly, it will not relay on the monitor to supply the refresh rates
information.
this is happening when using a "plug and play" monitor type in XF86Config-4,
and not specifying a monitor type. XFree cannot actually tell which monitor
you are using, and will relay on getting the refresh rate information from
your "Device" section - your graphic card.

tal.