On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, Arie Folger wrote:

> When typing in kde apps, I feel that typing has definitely become more
> sluggish lately (as opposed to earlier versions). Does this mean that it's
> time to upgrade (need a new job, first) or is this tweakable?

what kind of hardware do you run this KDE on? myself, i use an AMD k6-2
with 256MB of RAM, and since KDE 2.X and beyond runs to slow, i switched
to gnome 1.2 (RH 7.3). KDE became too bloated to run on this hardware.
[please don't start flaming - i liked KDE's look better ;)   ]

i might upgrade my hardware soon for other reasons - but i shadder to
think i'll do it for the sake of a desktop environment - that's one of the
reasons why i don't use windows...

--
guy

"For world domination - press 1,