On Tuesday 29 October 2002 00:42, guy keren wrote:
> what kind of hardware do you run this KDE on? myself, i use an AMD k6-2
> with 256MB of RAM, and since KDE 2.X and beyond runs to slow, i switched
> to gnome 1.2 (RH 7.3). KDE became too bloated to run on this hardware.
> [please don't start flaming - i liked KDE's look better ;)   ]

AMD K-II 55MHz. KDE isn't too slow, just typing is. I remember from the bad
old Windoze days that the responsiveness was very bad. Probably to make it
more user friendly to those typing with their thumbs.<grin>

Arie
--
It is absurd to seek to give an account of the matter to a man
who cannot himself give an account of anything; for insofar as