On Wed, 2002-11-13 at 14:58, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi all
>
> We're shopping for a decent Linux/x86 & Solaris/SPARC IDE, one that's both
> fit for large-scale projects and able to handle gcc and Sun's C compiler,
> as well as support multiple compilers on a specific system(either
> different-versioned or cross-). Our code is mainly C++.
>
> We're currently looking at Visual Slickedit.
> Can anyone give any recommendation - good or bad on it? Also, any
> impressions on its Makefile-autogeneration mechanism would be welcome.

I worked for a company that that bought Slickedit licenses for all the
recovering Windows programers :-)

Since I was not one of that group I never worked with it directly but I
gathered that the overall impression was very positive and coming from a
group of Visual Studio addicts (in the eyes of many one of the better
IDEs and Microsoft products around) I guess it's a good sign.

I have no idea what's the connection between IDE used (editing
application) with automatic Makefile generation but perhaps "makedepend"
or "autoconf" can help?

Gilad.

--
 Gilad Ben-Yossef <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>