On Tuesday 19 November 2002 03:01, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> OK, a little test - which I told Arye to do, but decided to do myself: I
> wrote a small CGI:
<snip>
> So it is definitely *not* PHP which sends out the HTML entities, but
> Mozilla itself - as you can see, the cgi itself is pure bash.

Now, let's thank you also for the coup de grace:
<<Going a bit further on my research, I found how to make Mozilla behave like
Konqueror, and do it in a standard way. In the FORM tag, you have to add an
ACCEPT-CHARSET="UTF-8" attribute, like this:
<FORM ACTION="cgi-bin/foo.cgi" METHOD="POST" ACCEPT-CHARSET="UTF-8">
Now go and convince everybody who has a web site to add that thingy to their
site...>>

Remember I am patching phpnuke for this purpose. I will afterwards happily
submit my changes to phpnuke (although in their maze of websites and subwebs
I still have to figure out where this goes), hoping that eventually this will
be part of the main sourcetree.

BTW, which behaviour is more html standards compliant?

Arie