That reminds me,

I've been messing with float-figures in LyX but don't seem to be able to put them in
the
proper place. I've used the '!ht" options for floats but in any case, when lyx doesn't
have
enough space left in a page it will stuff more text into it and the figure on the next
page.
What is weird is that I've had 2 floats in a document. On the page I've inserted them
there
wasn't enough space, but LyX didn't put it on the next page either!. In fact, it
placed the
two figures 2 pages afterwards, in a diff section.
Any tips on float placement I should know ?

Another thing is, is it possible to do double-column documents (such as in many
academic
papers) ?? I'm assuming it can, but I haven't found anything on this in the user guide.

Eli

28/11/02 23:40:11, Oron Peled <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>On Thu, 28 Nov 2002 18:22:26 +0200 (IST)
>Shlomi Fish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> But I'm still waiting for an answer. Can Mixed Hebrew/English LateX be
>> easily converted to good HTML that can be viewed on MSIE and Mozilla? Can
>
>I use LyX for several years (English) and in the last year or two in
>hebrew as well (time to thank Dekel Tzur again for his LyX patches...).
>It is definitely a winner for large complex documents. LyX support LaTeX
>really good, and SGML (to a lesser extent).
>
>I would suggest you check first the hebrew support for SGML (DocBook)
>If it works ok, than this should be your choice as there are converters
>for HTML, PDF, Text (all/most of LDP is done with DocBook).
>
>I normally use LyX/LaTeX as my formatting needs are much more complex
>(slides, multi-page tables, figures, screen-shots, source fragments
>etc.) The options I have checked so far are:
>
>       - PDF, no problem, excelent support, either through PostScript
>         (with Ghostscript) or directly from LaTeX (though pdflatex).
>
>       - HTML, There is LaTeX2HTML which has no chance against complex
>         LaTeX (HTML doesn't have as much formating info as LaTeX).
>         I checked it lately with some simple stuff and the result
>         wasn't to my taste (your may be different though :-)

"There's so many different worlds
 So many different suns
 And we have just one world
 But we live in different ones.."