On Fri, 29 Nov 2002 02:21:13 +0200
voguemaster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well, i'm using LyX at the moment... so no direct LaTeX for me yet..

Of course there is direct TeX/LaTeX support in LyX. Simply go
to insert->TeX (CTRL-L in the default keybinding) and enter
your TeX code in the box.

This is the single most important "feature" of LyX. It makes
it an "open-ended" application and enable TeX power users to
complete missing features (e.g: tables in LyX-0.7 before it
has good table support).

BTW: I which more GUI apps had this capability of exposing the
     internal working to power-users. You get the best of both
     worlds: GUI for simple tasks and power for what GUI cannot
     express. (another good example is ddd(1) which exposes the
     gdb(1) prompt).

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                  http://www.actcom.co.il/~oron

"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce
the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know
this is not true."           --Robert Wilensky, University of California