On Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 12:02:07PM +0200, Michael Stolovitzsky wrote:
> On Saturday 30 November 2002 08:41, Muli Ben-Yehuda wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 08:36:20PM +0000, Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> > > Hello linuxers
> > >
> > > I have uploaded to iglu, my third round of kernel rpms. Tease are 2.4.19
> > > kernel rpms patched with lowlatency patch, preemtible kernel and
> > > supermount.
> >
> > I'm curious, what kind of testing are you giving these kernels?
>
> Given the reputation of .19 and especially lowlatency and preempt on it, I
> doubt any kind of testing would help it.

Errrr... what reputation would that be? care to point at some bug
reports?

Note that while I have no idea what Diego's kernel rpms contain,
calling them "2.4.19" does injustice to the real 2.4.19. So which
kernel is giving you headaches?

> .19 gives me a variety of headaches, ranging from hanging up IPv6 module to
> broken frame diverter, ppp drivers failing to initialize, arts and kdeinit
> leaking like hell and such.

arts and kdeinit have nothing to do with the kernel.
which IPv6 module is hanging up?
what is a frame diverter?
which ppp drivers are failing to initialize?

Did you report all of those problems to the proper place? (which would
depend on which kernel exactly you're running).

> I would -especially- NOT install it from RPMs, needless to say patched up.
> Then again, The Light Of Debian relieves me from this unhappy deed.

What have you got against RPMized kernels?

Please, be specific.
--
Muli Ben-Yehuda                             http://www.mulix.org/
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ sctrace strace /bin/foo  http://syscalltrack.sf.net/