Who is paying for this?
(sorry, the start of the thread didn't get to my mailbox)

I will gladly except this work.

Please see my references at http://www.uadm.com

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 01:45:00PM +0200, Orna Agmon wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, Max K. wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > During last Linux instaparty, one of the (only) people who came took the
> > > RedHat 8.0 CDs, but did not have a computer ready. She asked whether we
> > if it's a she, i think there won't be a problem to find a hundred of
> > volunteers.
> > say no more.
> >

> There is an added value for payed work: responsibility.
>
> There may be
> hundreds of volunteers who are willing to come for a day of instaparty,
> and leave the person to deal with his/her problems later on in the regular
> manner in the linux community. But some people prefer to pay in order to
> verify that the service they get is not "charity" or "voluntary work", but
> a service they deserve to get.
>
> It is not a matter of "but now linux is so simple to install". Some people
> would pay someone to get their other-OS machine to work, as well. They
> either do not want or cannot bother with that. (Really, some people think
> operating systems are just a tool!)
>
> So having available payed service-providers is the only way for the
> person who is not a "computer person" to be willing to trust the linux
> operating system: when one's money can provide the service.
>
> and no, it is not improper to charge for linux related work. it is just
> work.
>
> --
> Orna.   |  http://tx.technion.ac.il/~agmon
>
> A cat has claws at the end of its paws.
> A sentence has a pause at the end of its clause.

http://www.uadm.com         |   Local and Remote Unix/Linux
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               |   Administration. No outsourcing.
Phone: +972 3 6201373       |   Security, Installations, Support
http://www.uadm.com/pgp.key |   Upgrades and Maintenance.