-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Gilad Ben-Yossef
Sent: Saturday, December 14, 2002 3:23 PM
To: Raft of Circumcised Penguins
Subject: Compaq Evo N1015v

I'm having trouble getting RedHat 8.0 to install on my brother new shiny
$SUBJECT.

The installation seems to proceed fine up till the phase were it seems
to be trying to access the CDROM at which point it halts with no error
message - just a blank installation screen.

Accept for the fact that the installation halts without a message, the
symptoms and log messages are identical to the ones reported in this
message from the redhat installers mailing list:
Sadly, no solution is offered there.

If anyone has succeeded in installing any Linux distribution on this
computer, or read anywhere about a solution to this problem or even has
a wild idea, kindly let me know.

It would be rather embarcing for me to admit that I can't get Linux
installed on my brother new laptop and firther more because of the very
cheap prices HP offers these beasts lately I would wager that I would
not be the last to run into this.

Gilad.

--
Gilad Ben-Yossef <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://benyossef.com

 "Geeks rock bands cool name #8192: RAID against the machine"