On 15 Dec 2002, Gilad Ben-Yossef wrote:

> Thank you very much to all that replied. I was already aware of the
> possibility to install from HD , floppies or network. Unfortunately, the
> RedHaT install mailing list post I quoted indicates that all of these
> have been tried and failed because the problem seems to lie with the IDE
> chip set - e.g. no HD, floppy etc will work. I was more hoping for
> someone that might have gotten the IDE chip set to work but it looks I
> will have to do it myself.

question: which kernel exactly is used during the installation process? i
presume this is NOT the kernel found in redhat's updates? cause the
updates redhat add seem to also include support for newer hardware.

i guess it should be possible to somehow take their installation floppy,
replace its kernel with the updated kernel, and try again. ofcourse,
checking if the updated kernel supports the IDE chipset beforehand would
be a good idea ;) but then again - you probably already thought about
trying this route...

and btw, its your fault that you didn't state you already tried those
ideas ;)

--
guy

"For world domination - press 1,