On Sun, 29 Dec 2002, Ishai Parasol wrote:

> Another question. Is it possible to run pine with another user email file
> (/var/spool/mail/USER) ?  for example, I'm logged as root and want to read
> USER2 emails (ofcourse, USER2 can't login, he's only a mail account and not
> a "full user"). If it's impossible with pine, is there a client (not for X)
> that can do it ?

pine -f ../../../../../var/spool/mail/USER2

pine's -f flag interprets its argument relative to the user's 'Mail' (or
'mail') directory - hence the need to use these '../' things. note that if
you use '..' from the '/' directory, you remain in the root directory - so
you can always use more '../' things, without getting errors.

--
guy

"For world domination - press 1,