On Wed, 2003-01-01 at 12:15, Ben-Nes Michael wrote:
> Hi All
>

> I want to install Postgres on RH 7.2 but it require me to have GLIBC_2.3
>
> Can i install GLIBC_2.3 on this system along side with the glibc-2.2.4-31 ?

Of course!

Just use rpm's -i flag (install) and not -U (upgrade) and make sure to
run each ldconfig afterward (the rpm script probably does it for you
anyway, but it wont hurt to make sure).

ld.so is supposed to sort out which program needs to get which lib on
it's own but if some specific program will cease to work regardless with
the new library you can force it to use the old one by using LD_PRELOAD

Hope this helps,
Gilad.

--
 Gilad Ben-Yossef <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 http://benyossef.com

 Q: "What do you do if your Linux box goes down?"
 A: "Sit around in the dark until the power comes back on"