On Sat, 18 Jan 2003, Official Flamer/Cabal NON-Leader wrote:

> Quoth Eran Levy:
>
> > Yes I have DNS resolution problem. Im not uses my own DNS server. Im using
> > Netvision's DNS server only.
> > here are the files:
> > /etc/resolv.conf:
> > nameserver 194.90.1.5
>
> add a "domain foo.com" or "search bar.net" to this file.

doesn't sound relevant to the problem. the 'search' or 'domain' entries
are used just to optimize the queries - not to make them 'correct'.

this addition simply allows partial domain names lookup to work (i.e.
searching for 'foo', which is under the 'bar.net' domain, will work if the
'search bar.net' entry is found in resolv.conf).

thus, i presume this is not going to solve the problem (unless the user
was trying to look up such partial names, and expected this to work
without the 'domain' or 'search' entries).

--
guy

"For world domination - press 1,