On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 03:05:19PM +0200, Eran Levy wrote:
> I Cant get answer for this:
> How can you network computers when you want that your server will connect
> to the internet via cables  connection?
> The server needs to use the DHCP option to connect the cables and then you
> cant give the server an IP, etc....If you give the server IP and domain you
> cant connect to the internet with cables because you arent using DHCP...
> So...How can you make a network that the server connects to the internet
> with cables and the clients connects to the server for getting internet
> connection?
>
> Is there any way to get a network at this kind of situation?

At least pump and dhcpcd (and I guess almost all dhcp clients) can run
on a specific interface. I do not know how this fits to the "framework"
of your distribution, but if you know what you do you can always replace
the script that does that (usually /etc/init.d/network) with a few
lines of your own (and you probably should, for a non-trivial machine).

        Didi