Oops, sorry, I accidentally tested this on a Redhat 7.2 (!), on which I
had kdebase-2.2.2. I will check it on Redhat 8.0 later tonight.
If Konqueror can show Niqqud, it's great news :)

On KDE 3.1 /MDK 9 it can display Hebrew diacritics, albit with slight positiong problems (for example, the diacritics is always horizantly aligned to the middle of the above glyph, even when it shuld not, like with the letter Lamed).