Itay 'z9u2K' Duvdevani wrote on 2003-06-16:

> On Monday 16 June 2003 17:52, you wrote:
> > Itay 'z9u2K' Duvdevani wrote on 2003-06-16:
> > > Regarding spam,
> > > One has the right for privacy, including his e-mail address.
> > > One who gains an e-mail address against the will, or without the knowing,
> > > of the owner is breaking the law.
> > >
> > > (I'm not a lawyer, I just felt like putting it out that way :)
> >
> > Well, I have just obtained your email address.  I won't write it won't
> > or ever spam you but by your definition I border on breaking the law
> > by reading your mail.
> >
> > I beg to differ.  Obtaining email addresses is not evil in itself,
> > it's misusing them or passing them to bad hands.
>
> I have willingly committed my e-mail address to both BerliOS and linux-il...
> I don't see your point...

linux-il has public archives, so you have committed it the whole net.
Someone reading there some of your posts might mail you privately
about it.  You would probably not object to that (depending on the
details).  Yet he has obtained your address without your knowing.

--
Beni Cherniavsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
If I don't hack on it, who will?  And if I don't GPL it, what am I?