"Geoffrey S. Mendelson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I found that the best way to use a digital camera is to treat the memory
> cards as film. You buy several of them acording to your needs and replace
> one when it gets full.

What's wrong with dumping files onto a hard disk from time to time?
You can re-use the memory, can't you?

> Canon just anounced a $1200 (US list price) EOS-300D. which has lots of
> features but a CMOS or CCD sensor (I think Canon prefers CMOS to CCD,
> but I'm not sure).

I would very much prefer something a few times cheaper...

> Once mounted in a USB reader it looks like a big floppy drive. The pictures
> are stored as files and you can copy them with cp, etc. You can remove them
> with rm.

Do you really need a USB reader? Can't you connect the camera to USB
and mount directly? I got a impression that it was possible.

Thanks, Geoff.

--
Oleg Goldshmidt | [EMAIL PROTECTED]