Oleg Goldshmidt wrote:

> What's wrong with dumping files onto a hard disk from time to time?
> You can re-use the memory, can't you?

Sorry, I meant as you were shooting the pictures. It does not make sense
to stop and dump them to a laptop in the middle of a trip, birthday party,
etc. After the whatever, you dump them and clear them for next time.

Also note that they do have a limited number of writes.

> I would very much prefer something a few times cheaper...

Me too, I just thought I would present it to you, Maybe you should have
someone in the states go to a Ritz store and buy a handfull of
"disposables" bring them back here and distribute them to some curious
engineering students.

I say that because you can only unload them with special equipment the
store has. I assume that in a day or so, there would be a solution for
the problem. :-)

But they are cute litte digital cameras and sell for ten bucks.

> Do you really need a USB reader? Can't you connect the camera to USB
> and mount directly? I got a impression that it was possible.

Some do, some don't

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson [EMAIL PROTECTED] 972-54-608-069
Icq/AIM Uin: 2661079 MSN IM: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Not for email)