On Thursday 09 October 2003 15:26, Tal, Shachar wrote:
> [...]

 easy way to turn it off)
> auto-run viral-attachments,load 1x1-authenticating-gifs, perform
> fill-in-your-favorite-nightmare, on other OSes as well?

It'll have a hard time running win32 viral executable on Linux. can't really
see it doing that. on a more serious note - its conservative on what it
allows you to display in-line (some might say - paranoid), I even had trouble
getting it to display embedded html images inline.

> > In addition, they claim that contrary to past versions, this one runs
> > under non Microsoft browsers, including thin clients such as smart
> > phones and PDAs. I guess it means that there is no dependency on
> > ActiveX etc.
>

> I believe that is not pure marketese. A couple of months I saw a (then
> latest) stable build of this product, and it was all ActiveX bells and
> VBScript whistles.

They use UA detection. I've been using OWA on 5.5 on 2000 for a while now
using Mozilla and konqueror (both handled like Netscape). OWA on 5.5 was
broken but usable, on 2000 its a pretty damned good web mail interface - I
haven't seen many (foss or otherwise) that can rival it. the backend sucks of
course, but there you have it :-).

--
Oded

::..
When the tide of life turns against you
And the current upsets your boat
Don't waste tears on what might have been
Just lie on your back and float