From: Shachar Shemesh [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2003 21:23
To: Noam Rathaus
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: OpenVPN, from the 1st of October supports Win32

Noam Rathaus wrote:

>believe it or not, some implementations of VPN, non commercial of
>course, do not support strong encryption)

Since when are l2tp and pptp non-commercial?

>Does it works with SecureClient, Cisco's VPN ... I don't know :)

OpenVPN uses SSL/TLS rather than IPSec. As such, it will probably work
with neither.

It is a mystery to me why noone has been able to work with Check Point's
SecuRemote yet, as it appears to be a 100% documented protocol. It uses
IPSec+IKE in hybrid mode. While hybrid mode IKE is a Check Point
invented protocol, it has been openly (and freely) published.

>Anyhow long story short... http://openvpn.sourceforge.net/ and get the BETA (if you
>need Windows support).

As it is SSL - will it support UDP?

          Shachar