On Sat, 2003-11-01 at 23:21, Amichai Rotman wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I wanted to get your input about the most cost effective laptop computer that
> works with Linux.
>
> I am running MDK 9.1. I don't need a high performance machine, all I need it
> for is Cable Internet surfing, e-mailing and such, nothing fancy. Maybe the
> most demanding task would be watching a DVD movie.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Amichai.

Avoid sony. Linux compatibility is good but the customer support is the
worst I have ran into and they are expansive. They don't have official
support in israel (only by the importer - forgot the name - in
herzelia).
IBMs are also expansive, but reliable with good support although there
was some issues with them having a buggy acpi.

Micha Feigin
[EMAIL PROTECTED]