On Sun, 22 Feb 2004, Shachar Shemesh wrote:

> We are looking for a good Wiki type solution for hamakor's web site.
> Being the reknown paranoid I am, I'm looking for a well known solution,
> prefereably one that I can just apt-get install. For reasons I would
> rather not go into at the moment, if it has to use a database system, I
> prefer it to be Postgresql to MySQL.
>
> I was wondering about Zope. I know it is more of an infrastructure than
> a system, but it's supposed to have a wiki system (as well as 2^37 other
> things), and it is, by all means, a well known solution. I was more
> wondering about whether it is not going to turn out to be a total
> overkill, and an administration nightmare? I have not administrated it
> before.

zope was used as iglu's engine in the past. it was dropped, because it was
hard to install and manage (i.e. there was an update pending for a long,
long, long time, before eventually shlomi (i think) set up a replacement,
and zope was dropped.

it's not 'open' enough to extend, and not too many people around know how
to program for it (at least that was the case on iglu).

i state all of this not because i found it hard to manage (i never eevn
tried), but rather because of the fact that it was never realy managed by
anyone except chen. so you do the math...

--
guy

"For world domination - press 1,