Shachar Shemesh wrote:

Hi,

Due to sudden and unexpected bandwidth utilization, we were forced to make the Kinneret mirror on mirror.hamakor.org.il unavailable. We are sorry for this move, but as we are getting the bandwidth as a donation from Actcom, they are entitled to stop us from taking almost all of their IIX bandwidth.

In the near future we are going to open the download again for Actcom IP ranges only. After that we will need to figure out a way to make it available to the rest of you, without hurting Actcom to the point where they cannot provide us with this free service.

One option we may be able to pick up is bittorrent. We are currently looking into it.

Sorry for the inconvinience.

Shachar

Update:
The mirror is back up. We have accepted voluntary throttling of bandwidth to about 5MB/sec on the Kinneret mirror, thus preventing the need for throtteling the other mirrors there. I would like to extend warm thanks to Actcom for their understanding and cooperation in solving this problem, which have been a major issue for them.

I also would like to urge the members of the community to help us find alternative mirrors in Israel, for the community's benefit.

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Systems Consulting