I'm trying to find a simple a-b-c cookbook for Unix admins that are not
fluent in DB administration (i.e. myself dor instance). methods for
backup or replication and their pros and cons, how to dump and restore
the DB for backup and migration, and basic debugging and user
management. those subjects seem to be spread around long manuals or not
detailed enough in all the places I look. I don't intend to become a DBA
or anything, just do basic admin procedures for a PHP app or two I want
to run on my web server.

so, does anyone know such a simple howto or even a DTF book from
O'Reiley? "basic MySQL operations for sysadmins" or something..

Thanks,
Ira.

--
The infamous