Ben-Nes Michael wrote:

PG support real transactions and for long time.

So does MySQL (with InnoDB tables).

PG support Forigen Keys which for my openion is reason number one becouse
when you delete of a row you can tell the DB to delete all the otheres which
connected to it automaticly and dont have to send a delete querry for each
time.

So does MySQL (again, with InnoDB).

PG support stored procedure - in other word you can run your small internal
program in the server written in plpgsql, python, perl and now even php.
this is a major benefit as you can run lots of querry in one call + lots of
calculation much faster then MySQL.

I've been working with MySQL for few (4?) years now, partly powering few big israeli ecommerce websites. I only missed this feature once - when we needed to do on the fly currency conversion. However, we solved it by writing a small MySQL module in C.

If I had to write a new application day, from scratch, I would probably consider postgresql again. However, your statement regarding mysql not being suitable for "anything more than one table website" is very untrue.

MySQL still has its advantages over postgresql (such as better documentation and much larger userbase, but also technical features like built in replication and fulltext search).

Moreover, MySQL will get real i18n support and subqueries support over the next few months (v4.1), and support for features like real stored procedures and cursors over the next year (v5)

Sagi