On Sun, 22 Aug 2004, Efraim Yawitz wrote:

> Isn't there any way to get the motherboard ID from Linux?  I've searched
> around the web and only find DOS or Windows utilities.

Are you talking about the chipset?
If so, you can either do "lspci -v" (lspcidrake if you are using Mandrake),
or "cat /proc/pci", and look for the line with the host bridge. It should
start with 00:00.0 if you're using lspci. If it says "unknown device XXXX"
(where XXXX is your device number (an unknown chipset)), you can google it.
If you are not talking about the chipset of your motherboard, please
explain yourself.

Regards,

        Adir.