Yedidyah Bar-David wrote:

On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 01:56:10PM +0300, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Speaking of dead programs - does anyone know of a reasonably priced
way to extract the program "source" of old Magic programs?

Is it that hard to find a copy of an old Magic? Some version of it
used to acompany some books sold for a few tens of NIS.

It's Magic 3. I asked a former employee of Magic who is still in touch with them and he
didn't manage to help me.

Also, harder to find but more on-topic, Magic 5.x for SCO unix ran
perfectly well on Linux with ibcs. Even this is something that can
be found, if you look around hard enough. When I used it, I wrote
about it here, and at least one other person says they also did this.

Also, Magic keeps the "sources" as data inside its DB, which is called
btrieve. You might try to find something that can read btrieve DBs
(btrieve itself or something compatible).

Thanks. Might try to look into this optiion.

--Amos