Ori Idan wrote:

You wish. Or does the "if not" operation an innovation in your book?

http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PG01&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsrchnum.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=%2220040230959%22.PGNR.&OS=DN/20040230959&RS=DN/20040230959

If I understand this patent it means all computer programs including Windows are actualy violating this patent since all programs I know must use some version of "if not".

Guess again. The owner of the rights to this patent is the Microsoft corp.

This is another good example that there is no way to avoid violating patents in software.

It is worth noting that to my understanding, this patent is one of the now famous "238 patents that Linux violates".

Gilad

--
Gilad Ben-Yossef <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Codefidence. A name you can trust(tm)