On Saturday 21 May 2005 14:45, Itay Duvdevani wrote:

> I am unable to send email messages to half the world,
> since my server gets blacklisted all the time (or the receiving server
> claims it won't receive mail from dynamic DNS servers).

Unfortunately there's no way to distinguish between your server and a random
zombie sending out messages on behalf of a spammer that is controlling it
remotely.
Therefore, most blacklists block incoming mail from dynamic (or dial-up/adsl)
addresses. In most cases, getting a static address won't help either.

Sometimes the bad guys ruin it for the rest of us.

What you should do is use your ISP's SMTP server as a 'magic relay'. This way
you can still use your mail server for queuing and making sure the mail
leaves your outbox quickly, but instead of going directly to its destination
it will be sent to your ISP's SMTP server who will forward it on. Incidently,
this is also the quickest way to do it, since the connection to your ISP's
mail server is usually faster than the recipient's mail server.

- Aviram