-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ehud Karni
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 2:35 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED];
linux-il@linux.org.il
Subject: Re: connectivity question

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 14:42:55 +0200, Danny Lieberman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ssh - requires MS services for Unix on the Windows boxes, secure,
strong
> authentication, good for transferring large files, or large numbers of
> files over the WAN

The Cygwin ssh/sshd is excellent (OpenSSH_4.0p1).

> Samba - no client installation in Windows, smb on Linux,
authentication
> - take your choice, good LAN solution, arguable over the WAN

You can tunnel the samba connection through ssh (limit you to one remote
host only and disabling the local SMB server, because you must use the
netbios-ssn port - 139 on the local machine).

Ehud.

--
 Ehud Karni           Tel: +972-3-7966-561  /"\
 Mivtach - Simon      Fax: +972-3-7966-667  \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign