On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 04:17:26AM +0300, guy keren wrote:

> if they had this without the screen and without the keyboard, and with two
> PS/2 outlets - i'd be a happy camper ;)

How about a PC-104 system. It's a single board about 4x6 inches. The
ones I've used have an x86 processor (various speeds and performance), a
graphics chip, sound chip, ethernet. 2 serial, 1 parallel, 2 USB and a
PS/2 keyboard and mouse port. Depending upon the board you get, you can
get LCD support, VGA support, or composite video in varying resolution
and color depth. They usually have one or two IDE interfaces and a
floppy interface.

They also come in ARM, PPC and MIPS processors.

Some have built in memory, some take SODIMMs, etc.

When I was in the hardware business we built our proof of concept units
in 4x6 inch boxes with a laptop hard drive and an external 5 volt
supply. We also had a screen and keyboard of sorts on them, but
obviously you would not need them. We were building handheld gaming
machines and ran Linux with X windows and WINE on them.

If you get the correct processor, you don't need a fan if you use
a semiconductor hard drive instead of a laptop one.

Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel [EMAIL PROTECTED]  N3OWJ/4X1GM
IL Voice: (077)-424-1667  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838