Sorry but:

2.9 pounds = 1.31541787 kilograms

Regarding PS/2 entries - I bought from the local Cosmos supermarket a
USB small cable which has 2 PS/2 female connectors (mouse, keyboard).
Cost: 31.90 NIS

> it does, however, remind me that i'll need an ethernet controller (this
> also solves the issue of installation - it can be done as a networked
> installation - ofcourse, i'll still need to be able to have an initial
> boot, and for that i guess i could connect an external floppy or CD drive,
> that won't be needed during travels).

Mac Mini has: Modem connector, network controller, built in CDRW/DVD
drive, and if you buy the new models, a bluetooth (which should be
running nice with Linux's Bluez). At least from what I heard, YDL
Linux is running very nicely on top of it.

Thanks,
Hetz