I belive in: use the best tool for your job.

What I would recommend is not a Linux solution, but sort of "mini
windows" solution.

It's called: bartPE, it's GPL'd, and it creates an ISO image from your
current Windows XP installation. Prior to making the ISO, you can add
few programs (antivirus, ghost, partition magic, firefox, etc) and
make the ISO. Then you burn it to a CD-R and boot from it.

With this bootable CD, you're getting a mini version of XP and you can
access the hard drive and scan for viruses, worms, spyware, adware etc
and clean them.

Thanks,
Hetz