I would say Ignore. obviously check for updates and close the ports you dont need.

If the person from this IP is a pro then any way he will get a new IP.

If his just s $%^#& Newbie copy paste boy then any way there million of his kind, and there are not that good at hacking updated system.

though you can also put it in hosts.deny any way it wont cost you :)

Gábor Szabó wrote:

I see in my log files many enrties of this type (with various usernames)

Failed logins from these:
 aa/password from 131.247.3.147: 1 Time(s)

What would be the best action with this?

1) Ignore, thet could not authenticate after all
2) put the above IP address in hosts.deny
3) put the whole class C in hosts.deny
4) Call the police ? Which police?
5) ?

Gabor