On Thu, Sep 22, 2005, Shachar Shemesh wrote about "Re: Actcom without a dailer
costs more":
> The network infrastructure is such that if you connect via DHCP, your
> cable operator needs to know which ISP you belong to. They then allocate
> an IP for you from that ISP's IP pool, and you are connected. The
> information regarding who connected when never reaches the ISP, and they

Why does the information regarding who connected never reach the ISP? How
hard is it for the cable company to send some sort of message to the ISP,
saying that client X (defined by home address, MAC address, or whatever the
cable company uses to define people) is now associated with IP address Y?

--
Nadav Har'El                        |      Thursday, Sep 22 2005, 18 Elul 5765
Phone +972-523-790466, ICQ 13349191 |Cats know what we feel. They don't care,