Hmmm

If you have Hardware virtualization like Intel vt-x you can use Xen.

And the performance overhead is from 0.3% to 5% ( it will kick vmware butt )

http://www.xensource.com/products/xen/index.html

Aharon Schkolnik wrote:

Greetings.
I have started a new job and find that I will have to use some applications which will run only under Windows (XP). I would like to run Linux on my desktop with a virtual XP machine running under it. In the (relatively distant) past I have use VMware for this. At the time, I convinced my employer to shell out the money for the VMware license. I have been informed that getting the money out of my current employer may be difficult and time consuming. In any event, I need to get some solution up and running right away, so they don't start pressuring me to put Windows on my desktop. I understand that VMware has a free "player" and that it is possible to hack it into installing XP. Is this as big a pain as it looks ? Has anyone done it ? Are there other possible solutions ? What do you recommend ? TIA Aharon