--Boundary_(ID_xwPbwSwhBJ/mhXVGHevZ3A)

>ideas to get the load lower? dspam any good? I think I asked that
>before, but everything I implemented is still not helping much. I'll
>feel really annoyed if I have to upgrade the expensive hardware because
>of spammers.

You could set up a secondary MX (which attracts more spam than a
primary) with anti-spam and rbls, and configure your MTA in the main MX
to stop recieving mail after reaching a load average of,  say, 12. This
way you could reduce the amount of spam reaching  your main server and
keep it from interfering with it's normal operation.  Meanwhile, your
secondary MX will receive the mail and send it over when the load
average in the main MX permits.

>how bad is the spam on YOUR servers?

Pretty bad.  Some days my server catches up to 11.000. The maximum
reached this past month was ~14.000.

Cheers,

Henry

--Boundary_(ID_xwPbwSwhBJ/mhXVGHevZ3A)

begin:vcard
fn:Henry Ficher
n:Ficher;Henry
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel;work:03-5588788
tel;home:03-6474132
tel;cell:0546-800727
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
version:2.1
end:vcard

--Boundary_(ID_xwPbwSwhBJ/mhXVGHevZ3A)--