On 7/27/06, ik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 7/27/06, Gil Freund <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 7/27/06, Meir Kriheli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Gil Freund wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have the following in xorg.conf:
> > > Section "InputDevice"
> > >        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
> > >        Driver          "kbd"
> > >        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
> > >        Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
> > >        Option          "XkbModel"      "pc104"
> > >        Option          "XkbLayout"     "us,il"
> > >        Option          "XkbCompat"     "group_led"
> > >        Option          "XkbOptions"
> > > "grp:switch,grp:alt_shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll"
> > > EndSection
> > >
> > > This works nicely in kubuntu on an Compaq Evo 400, but does not work
> > > in xubuntu on a Toshiba Portege 3110.
> > >
> > > Running:
> > > setxkbmap -option grp:switch,grp:alt_shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll us,il
> > > Does work.
> > >
> > > The Toshiba has only one Ctrl and Alt set, could this be the problems?
> > > If so which XkbModel should be used?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Gil
> > >

> > According to:
> > http://www.edginet.org/techie/linux/XF86Config-4
> >
> > linked from:
> > http://www.edginet.org/techie/linux/laptop.html
> >
> > it says pc102.
> >

> > Use the following for additional info (choose "OS Machine Compatibility"
> > from the menu):
> > http://newsletter.toshiba-tro.de/main/
> >
> > Cheers
> > --
> > Meir Kriheli
> >

> Thanks, but I guess the problem is elsewhere.  I should have guessed
> that, since setxkbmap worked...
>
> Any ideas welcome.

I have strange idea (like always ;)) but if the xorg in one machine is
different then the other, you might need to add the following line:

option "XkbRules" "xorg"

Thanks, but same difference.

Is there anything that might be overriding the xkbd settings during
startup. I am wondering since setxkbmap is working.

I found out that some xorg versions (on debian at least) also require
different xkb driver, but I do not remember it's name at the moment :(

> --
> Gil Freund, Systems Analyst
> Sysnet consulting
> [EMAIL PROTECTED],  http://www.sysnet.co.il
> voice: +972-54-2035888, Fax: +972-8-9356026

Ido

--
Gil Freund, Systems Analyst