On 18/03/07, Daniel Feiglin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello folks!

I am looking for a low end USB flatbed scanner <= NIS 1000, mostly as a
fax front end and for scanning documents. No fancy photography is
required. An examination of the Sane site, http://www.sane-project.org/
as well as a look at the SUSE scanner installation list, crossed with
what seems to be available in Israel e.g. http://www.zap.co.il/ yields
about two Epson models (1260, 390) with good or complete functionality.
I find that hard to believe.

The sort of unit I have in mind should have resolution 1200x2400 or
better, 48 bit color and A4 size.

I would appreciate any other leads, URL's to Israeli suppliers.

Regards,

Daniel

I see that somwone else recommended an HP all in one. We have an HP
42555 all in one that we bought from p1000 for about 800 NIS. THe
p1000 site doesn't work so well with Firefox, so I can't really
recommend the site, but the printer is great, the fax is great, and
the scanner is great. The printer and scanner work fine on FC6 and
Kubuntu, even better than they did under XP. With XP, installing the
drivers properly is a pain and it installs a ton of crap. Under KDE it
just works.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/
http://what-is-what.com/