Hi Michael,

I think that Knoppix should do the trick for you.

You should decide through, which version to download & burn: there's
the CD and there's a DVD version, and the CD has only subset of what
the DVD version has, so you should see what fits you.

You should also note that these days, there are more "Live"
distributions who runs off USB Keys, leaving your CD/DVD rom drive
free, and they are booting/running much faster compared to running
from CD/DVD, so you can boot off a USB Key and watch a DVD.

Thanks,
Hetz