Meir Michanie wrote:
Can anyone recommend an asterisk hardware vendor?
I a looking for an analog 2FXS 2FXO pci card to play with asterisk and freeswitch.
Any opinions about digium/sangoma?

For what it's worth, I've used both Digium and Sangoma cards in the past in productions systems and while both have their quirks, I can say I was pleased with both of them.

The Sangoma cards are a little bit more hassle to set up and less commonplace, but their tech support was so superb that it did not bother at all. And I mean "the CEO sending email to let me know that they fixed the rare firmware bug I ran into on Sunday morning and having their tech support following on the morning after even though I bought just a single card" kind of superb support.

If PCI is not a must, you might also consider getting the USB2 connected Xorcom extension banks. Haven't tried them myself but I've heard good things about them and as they are Israeli developed (some of the developers are on this list as a matter of fact) I would certainly recommend giving them a shot.

One tip though: if it's a real production system and not something to play at home with, make sure to get hardware echo cancellation. Costs a little bit more, but really helps with the quality.

> I currently have an ATA grandstream 488 which I am not so happy with.

The big plus of Grandstream equipment is that they are very cheap. This i, however, their only plus (but I'm using a Grandstream desk phone myself) :-)

Hope this helps,

Gilad

--
Gilad Ben-Yossef <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Codefidence. A name you can trust(tm)

        "There once was a virtualization coder,
         Whose patches kept getting older,
         Each time upstream would drop,
         His documentation would slightly rot,
         SO APPLY MY F*$KING PATCHES OR I'LL KEEP WRITING LIMERICKS."
                -- Rusty Russel